ALL NATURAL CURE FOR THE COUGH
We're only 3 days away from our big trip to Hawaii and of course Chacha comes down with a runny nose. Before I know it, that runny nose will turn into a cough, the absolute LAST thing I need on a plane. A friend told me a couple months ago about this recipe for an all natural vapor that cured her kids and convinced me to try it. It takes only 10 minutes to make
, and all the ingredients I either had around the house or bought at Whole Foods. I know it sounds crazy, but as soon as I rubbed it on my daughter's chest it worked! All of Chacha's coughing was soothed and she could rest, which means sleep for me. Hallelujah :) The best part about this recipe is it is COMPLETELY natural and safe for people of all ages.
- 5 tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil (a natural anti-viral)
- 1 tbsp. evening primrose oil (could use sweet almond, olive, etc. if you want)
- 2 tbsp. beeswax ( you can find this at Whole Foods, or any natural grocery store)
- 8 – 10 drops tea tree essential oil (also a natural anti-viral)
- 15 – 20 drops rosemary essential oil (aids breathing)
- 4 oz glass jar (I have used old jam jars)
In a small pan over
, melt the coconut oil and evening primrose oil.
Add the beeswax, chopped up or in granules (mine was in a large chunk, so I chopped) and stir until melted.
Add the essential oils and stir to combine. Pour into a 4-oz. glass jar and allow to cool.
This mix is not completely solid even when cool, so be careful of that when you open the jar.